 Off-Topic / Debate / 15023
Re: The *real* Phantom Menace and the fall of the republic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 08:34:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> writes:

That aside, your point is an interesting one. Most of the new
legislation allows for situations where there is insufficient
evidence for a clear conviction. I assume that Norwegian courts
would not extradite without sound evidence anyway?

I suppose no sane courts would extradite without sound evidence.  But
even with sound evidence, it is a violation of basic principles of
right to extradite suspects to a country in which they may face an
"improper" justice.  The recent events appears to put the US on this
list of countries.

(I say "appears" because no such cases have arised around here yet.
But the matters have been discussed in the media.)

There is a lot of talk in our media too. Most of it about foreign nationals
living here planning acts in 3rd countries. They all seem top overlook the
possibility that UK nationals may wish to plant bombs also...

Scott A

Fredrik