 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1392
Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 02:45:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Erik Olson writes:

Obviously we got the three, the two, and the one Mines of Moria-- but not
the four block buckets, and not the four samplers.

Did you (or anyone) actually get the Mines of Moria?  As I understand it the
baseplate can electronically activate the figs to talk, and I was wondering how
the voices sounded (usually voices on items like that sound so dorky I can't
stand it).

Maggie C.

I have it but have never put the batteries in to see how they sound.  I'll
try to remember to make mention of it at such a time as I do.

One interesting thing about the set is that the manual includes a list of
all the lines spoken by the figures.  There are several figures in that list
that do not exist in the sets that were available.  Lends some credence to
the idea that there were several things that never made it to market.

John