 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1132
Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:40:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Maggie Cambron writes:

As of this afternoon the LOTR sets appeared to be 50% off. The above sets were
$7.40. Prancing Pony Inn was $14.90 IIRC (no guarantee-- in another post I
gave wrong prices-- sorry). If the small sets last to $4.94 I will give them a
try.

  They'd definitely be worth buying at that price--the brick quality is quite
good, and the SPUD-ish pieces are pretty cool in their own right.  Admittedly,
the pre-formed rock pieces aren't very versatile, but the gargoyle and beige
statue pieces are neat and would make good set dressing.  In the larger sets,
the doors, windows, and fireplace SPUDs are extremely cool and could easily see
use in a castle MOC.
  Thanks for the price updates--I'll check my local Target and report back.

     Dave!