 Off-Topic / Fun / 8238
Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:02:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Kevin Johnston writes:

I've seen a couple mentions recently on various newsgroups that Playmates Toys
had a "construction toy" license for Lord of the Rings.  Never saw any
concrete info, though Playmates has an "Intelli-Blox" logo on their website
(not backed up by anything, when I checked recently).

Each set builds -- Lego-style, or more accurately MegaBloks style -- a scene
from the movie, as you might guess.  The two sets I picked up build Isengard
Caverns (includes Gandalf, Saruman, and an Orc), and Encounter at Prancing
Pony Inn (Strider, Frodo, and Pippin).

ISENGARD CAVERNS!!!???!!!!

I guess I'll save myself the cost of a ticket. . .

TWS Garrison