 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1070
Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 05:20:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Erik Olson writes:

Peter Jackson too shall pass (and Frodo isn't packing Coca-Cola--yet.)

  Well, if Middle-Earth can survive those awful rotoscope animations of the
70's, then there's little damage to be done by a live-action production.  Peter
Jackson is an actual director with a talent both for the fantastical and for
character direction, rather than, say George Lucas.  Jackson's "Meet the
Feebles" isn't a great (ie: watchable) film, but "Heavenly Creatures" is
well-directed and has good visual composition.
  If I had any interest whatsoever in Potter, perhaps I'd be worried about
marketing issues.  As it is, I'm confident that this winter will feature at
least one or two good fantasy films.

     Dave!