 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1071
Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:13:13 GMT

Yes, the tank is different. The color green is the same.

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli writes:
On the way back I stopped at Kmart and they have 2 new Mega Bloks play sets • for
$23. Each set comes with a large black carrying case and 10 minifigs.

9720 Army comes with a tank, helicopter, jeep*, and missile launcher. The
minifigs are the same as the ones from 9122 (Creature Seekers Desert Duel**)
with a new shirt sticker.

Wow!  $23 for 10 army figs (true Mega-bloks figs are the worst quality item
they make but they are still army figs)  I am wondering if the tank is the • same
as the probuilder set or if it is a new one for that set.

(Now if only there was some magic way to get Mega-bloks quality parts with
best-lock quality army figs. (I still think best-lock makes the best
clone-figs.  Despite the complete lack of customization on them they at least
stand upright without falling over.))

-Mike Petrucelli  (who thinks the SWAT team sounds cool too.)