 Marketplace / Shopping / 5988
Re: Lego Buckets on Sale for $2.00 at E-Toys (back in stock, for now)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 00:40:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David W. Speck writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
I got my 20 buckets today, nicely packaged in two large boxes.  I was also • only
charged for one order.  I bought mine very shortly after the initial post was
made. I wonder if that had anything to do with my shipping containers?

Joel

In lugnet.market.shopping, Cary Clark writes:
I got my first 14 buckets today. Each one was shipped separately: given the
cost of the box, the packing material, and the USPS shipping, eToys is
really taking a bath on this one. All came off the same line at the same
location, but five different packers signed the forms. The e-mails indicate
that 16 have been shipped so far.

Cary

<snipped lots of comment marks, and a few comments.>

Well, my story gets a little more worrisome for e-Toys.  I was reviewing my
credit card charges on-line, and now e-Toys has given me a credit adjustment to
10 of the 19 original charges they placed against my card ($2+ each).  The
first 19 charges added to the expected total of $50 for 8000 pieces (20 buckets
+ coupon).  But they've just given me a $27.50 credit (unwarranted), which
means my price just dropped to $22.50 for 8000.

But, of course, I'll have to call and have them correct it.

Just FYI
Dave
dwspeck@us.ibm.com
"All opinions expressed are my own."

Some companies just go out of their way to go out of biz!  The eToys
werehose is about 10 minutes from my house, but they still wanted to gouge
me for shipping, so I passed on the Biggest Deal Of The Year.
Aaron, bucketless.