 Marketplace / Shopping / 5966
Re: Lego Buckets on Sale for $2.00 at E-Toys (back in stock, for now)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:52:58 GMT

The nice thing about the buckets ONCE YOU HAVE THEM, is that you can compact 2.5
buckets into one, so those 40 will end up being 16 buckets.  And if you just throw
them in a cardboard box, you can cram them into a decently small box.

I still have 16 compacted buckets from the LLC tent sale I have to sort out and
sell off parts from, and now I have tons of Etoys buckets headed my way :-/

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, David W. Speck writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:

My goodness. What is WRONG at eToys???

Funny, I went to the post office yesterday to pick-up the 20 boxes from e-Toys
(to assist my carrier, and because I received a nice phone call Sunday morning
from them asking for help).  They, of course, wouldn't fit in my car, so I
unpacked them all at their loading dock and left the cardboard with them to
dispose.  The "postman" was shocked at their shipping procedure when he saw
how they were packed (plus he had to confirm each box).

This morning, I checked my bank statement on-line and besides shipping each
individually, they have charged me for each item individually as well!!
Really seems like a broken process to me...  But I'm glad I have them.

Well my postman did bring them but asked "Never do this to me again" he was
only half kidding I think.  I then told him what was in them and unpacked one
and he was similarly shocked!

The other funny thing was I had my wife place a second order and had it shipped
to my In-laws to get around the limit of 20.  I told her to call and tell them
what to expect but I guess she forgot to mention the 20 separate packages!
Oops.  Good thing they are understanding of my hobby (Probably more
understanding than my own parents).

I guess I don't mind that much although I feel bad for eToys because I want
them to make it.  But something like this makes you wonder...  I am glad I got
40 buckets, 16,000 pieces, for $105.  I won't find that kind of deal again
anytime soon.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/