 Marketplace / Shopping / 5832
Re: Lego Buckets on Sale for $2.00 at E-Toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:38:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Glen Tannenbaum writes:
I just saw this and thought people would be interested.  E-Toys is
selling Lego buckets for $2.00 each.  Regular price is $9.99 each.
I don't know if this is an error but I put in an order anyway.

Gosh.  With eToys "gouge the consumer" shipping rates of $7.95 per
item (to Canada), I save a whopping 4 cents!

I picked up a few of the 1200 tubs from Wal-Mart for Cdn$17.87
plus GST.  That's just slightly more than one US cent ($.01036)
per brick.  I'm sure our southern neighbors have something similar
or better, but it's still the best price I've found yet for LEGO.

Yup, I did that too.  I wasn't complaining that the USians were getting a
good deal, I was grumbling about the outrageous shipping rates that eToys
applies, which makes it *so* not worthwhile even looking at their deals if
you live in Canada.

The best price I got for a 1200 piece tub was about $15 CAD - about this
time last year, TRU marked them down to $20, and I was able to use a $5.00
coupon.  I bought about 6 of them, I think.  (ran out of coupons!) :)

James
(who was very sad to see that the $1 bags of halloween candy didn't have $5
Lego coupons this year.)