 Marketplace / Shopping / 5977
Re: Shipping comments (wasRe: Lego Buckets on Sale for $2.00 ...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:13:45 GMT

I was getting ready to pop and throw away all of my huge Rapid Fill bags,
then I figured out how they work.  That thin strip of plastic that sticks
out through the seam in the bag is the key.  There is a penny-sized hole at
the end of the strip that is marked with a blue square.  Just stick a straw
(or 2 or 3) or something similar through the hole all the way into the bag
and then squish the bag to deflate it so you can store it flat.  When you
are ready you use it again, just stick a straw back in it and blow it back
up to the desired size.  It is self-sealing.  What an ingenious system!  Why
couldn't I have thought of that?
David

In lugnet.market.shopping, Julie Krenz writes:
They work just fine when stores ship my items to me. When shipping out my
brickbay packages, I find they aren't as reusable as the other forms of
packaging. If they sit around too long they get flat.