 Marketplace / Shopping / 4019
Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 18:52:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Bliss writes:
Will you have an image for each part, in each color?  It would be very nice
to not have strictly gray images.

Highly unlikely.  There are 2,500 parts * 20 colors = 50,000 images!

So? ;)

It would be nice if you could generate parts from MLCAD in Batch Mode.  That
is, you'd just specify the color, part and image size as parameters on the
command line and the part would be generated without starting up MLCAD.
This way in the part selection process, you'd just select the part and color
and by clicking a button, you'd run MLCAD in the background and the part would
be generated for you.

LDLite will do this.  The only drawbacks are that the output always goes to
ldraw/bitmap/, and the filename is munged with the step number.  So make sure
the bitmap directory is always kept empty, generate the file, and just take
whatever file gets dumped into the bitmap dir.  You'll need to convert it to a
GIF or JPG, anyway.

Steve