 Marketplace / Shopping / 4000
Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 03:38:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

However, the "build inventory" screen is very
well-done itself, and answers many of my hypothetical questions from the • preceding
message in the pleasing affirmative (although those tables and windows are • indeed
messed up in Netscape)--although if the partsref picture could be correlated • to the
tabulated descriptions that would make use easier for newbies.  In my case, I • wanted
to add 1,000 brown pitchforks at $0.05 apiece and it was easy in MSIE--it • took only
the colour (but not the category, contrary to what the build inventory screen
states)

That is not an error.  Category "Minifig, Whole" is defined in the system as
a "no show" meaning that the category will not be displayed along with the
part name.  In some parts you don't want to show the category or the color.

Example:
* Color: (none)
* Category ... Minifig, Whole
* Part ... Darth Vader

When dealing with parts, the engine combines the color, category and part when
displaying each item.  For the above example, you wouldn't want to show "(no
color) Minifig, Whole Darth Vader".  Instead you'd just want to show "Darth
Vader".  Thus you select color as "not applicable", category minifig, whole
and part darth vader.  The system is designed to generate the whole part
description as best as possible.

Another example:
* Color: Red
* Category: Brick, Modified
* Part: 1 x 1 with 4 side studs

Here you want to display all: Red Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with 4 side studs.

Here are some categories and whether or not they are shown with the part:

Animal (no show)
Antenna (show)
Baseplate (show)
Bracket (show)
Brick (show)
Brick, Arch (show)
Minifig, Footgear (no show)
Boat (no show) ... Example: when combining category boat with for
example "anchor", you just want to display "Anchor" instead of "Boat Anchor".