 Marketplace / Shopping / 4030
Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 14:28:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
This is one of the biggest things I miss about running the computer labs at
The
University of Missouri.  I had what felt like ubiquitous computing.  I could
have slid >20GB onto the web or more onto the campus backbone, assigned
any.edu
as a web address, and I could have >500 resonably modern (within three years)
computers working all night on my batch projects.

Now that I'm in the real world, I'm lucky to get to browse lugnet while at
work.

I know what you mean.  Especially since I run the computer labs at the
University of Tennessee.  :)

Actually, though, the space I could provide would come in the form of space on
either an account I paid for, a machine I own (but it IS on the backbone here
at work), or a machine I own and will soon have colocated at a local ISP.
None of that is connected to my current job in a direct way.  :)