 Marketplace / Shopping / 4027
Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 12:40:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Jezek writes:
The 80x60 thumbnails take at an average 3K.  To have 50,000 of them would
require 150MB of disk space which is about 1/2 of the total Brickbay
webhosting disk space so it _is_ possible.  The question is, who would do all
the rendering?  And what if TLC introduced a new color?  That would mean
rendering all the parts over again.

As it is right now, making each one in MLCAD would probably take me a year
to ever finish.

Not only that, I have to run them through a batch thumbs program to generate
the thumbnails in GIF format, even more pain.

If Steve (or someone else) can give directions for doing this in a mostly
automated way I can leave my new 850 at home running it while I'm at work.  I
have scads of free hard drive space and a fast connection (from work - I can
burn the images and bring them to work to upload).

In fact, if space ever got to be a huge issue I enough room to host at least
150 megs on more than one machine I run.