 Marketplace / Shopping / 3981
Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 15:49:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Jezek writes:
For those interested, I have a beta version 0.7 running.  There are still bugs

Cool.

What kinds of stuff do you want us to mention?  I'm using Netscape 4.72.  Do
you want us to point out that Lego is supposed to be LEGO (isnt' it?) and that
you need some kind of (tm) doohicky, or just technical stuff?  Does the fact
that on the front page, the vivid blue horizontal line that seems to have a
menu heading across the top appears cut off at only half-height and the words
can be made out, but they have to be deciphered instead of just read count as
technical?

Click on "sell" to register and you'll be approved as a "seller" right away.

When I click on sell, it appears that it is supposed list the other sellers.
Is that so?  It doesn't for me.  Oh wait, I get it, that's not what it's
supposed to do, it's just a place to log in.  When trying to register, I can't.
Same errors Lindsey had using Netscape.

Also, you can try to buy something

When I'm looking at the sellers, it lists numbers next to parts by color, but
not under parts by type.  When it puts up the "Items successfully added to
cart" message in electric lime green, the bottom half of that is cut off too.

I too, can not register as a buyer.

Let me know what you think of the site so far and if the features would make
you comfortable to buy and sell there.

It's getting there.  This may seem trivial, but I think you're using too many
colors.  I count four blues, black, white, yellow, electric lime green, and
blood red.  Add to this the pictures that will be there and it's going to be
quite noisy.  My suggestion is to make it so the four blues (two sets of three
of which are on screen at the same time) are fewer and don't clash.

Good work.

Chris