 Marketplace / Shopping / 4020
Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 18:54:06 GMT

The KB Toy Outlet at the Morrisville, NC Factory Outlet has nothing new.
All they have is a couple of UFO sets.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh
http://www.nclug.net

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
I called the one in Smithfield, North Carolina: the woman who answered was • very
helpful. She couldn't give me the prices, because they had just received • the
shipment and hadn't priced them yet, but she had a bunch of Duplo plus:
6572 Wind Runners (Extreme Team)
6024 Bandit Ambush (Castle, Dark Forest, '96)
6492 Hypno Cruiser
6330 Cargo Center
6093 Flying Ninja Fortress
8268 Scorpion Attack / Plane and Jump-up Animals (Cyber Slam)
6580 Land Jet 7 (Extreme Team)
6905 Bi-Wing Blaster (Insectoids)

No Freestyle buckets unfortunately. There may be more; I don't know if • it's worth
the road trip or not...

Cary

Maggie Cambron wrote:

Okay, I'm in Northern California.  I wiped out the Poolside Paradise • stock at
the stores at Vacaville Factory Outlets and Natomas Station Factory • Outlets
(Sacramento). Only Vacaville had the Dark Forest set, and I only saw the • buckets
at Natomas (but they could have been at Vacaville-- I was just too • excited about
the Paradisa sets to look!). The clerk in Vacaville said they had just • gotten in
a giant shipment last week and she was surprised that there wasn't a • LEGO sale
planned.  Another clerk told me that it takes several days to get their
shipments out of the back room and onto the floor.  I try to check Toy
Liquidators at least once a month to see what they've got, so I know • they didn't
have old supplies of 6416 lying around.  Since the stock of this TL has • pretty
much paralleled what others have posted on Lugnet, I would be surprised • if other
stores didn't get the same stuff.  I would definitely hit the stores • this
weekend.  Let us know what you find!

Maggie

Nick Goetz wrote:

Great find! Can you give us some more info like Did both stores have • the
Paradisa sets? I know you said they weren't identical but was the • Pradisa
set one they both had in common?  Second, where? Are you on the East • coast,
North west, Texas, etc.? Finally, do you frequent these stores or was • it
your first trip? If it was your first time it is possible these have • been
hidden for years (or 4 years <g>). On the other hand, if you visit • there
once a month you would know if this was a new shipment or not. (I • really
hope you can tell us it was a new shipment. I've got a three day • weekend and
a tank full of gas!) Congratulations.

-Nick