 Marketplace / Shopping / 4008
4007  |  4009
Subject:
Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 23:44:38 GMT

Well, they were exciting for me-- my knees actually got weak when I
spotted that Paradisa box on the shelf tucked under some Res-Q set!  I
was headed up to the cashier clutching the box in my sweaty palms to
beg, wheedle and coax her to check the back room for more when I saw a
whole display of LEGO near the front of the store.  And there they
were-- a whole stack of 6416's!  And they were $14.99!  And now they're
mine!  (No, I won't sell any-- Paradisa is my ultimate favorite and I
will NEVER have enough!  Although I MAY break a couple up for parts to
pay for my binge.)  But of course, you probably want to know what else
of interest I found....

What I bought (and will not part with unless it's for something really
good like a Velux house or a Maersk truck or something):

6416 Poolside Paradise $14.99
6024 Bandit's Ambush $1.99 (how could I resist at that price?)
4267 Special pieces bucket $4.99 (some were marked $7.99, but all rang
up $4.99)

Haven't opened them yet, but judging from the packaging, the boxes
appear to be European and the bucket Canadian.

Also of interest, but which I didn't buy:

3032  a bucket of 600 bricks $4.99
4128  650 piece bucket  $14.99
6492  Time Cruisers Navigator (Hypnocruiser) $4.99
6333  Tow n Go  $3.99
5958  Mummy's Tomb  $19.99
6584  Extreme Team Challenge  $34.99
6479  Emergency Response Center  $39.99
6442  Sting Ray Explorer  $12.99
6199  Neptune Discovery Lab  $49.99
plus several Cyber Slam sets
plus more

I went to two different stores and their stock was not identical, so it
would be worth checking around.  Post if you find any other good stuff!

Maggie C.