 Marketplace / Shopping / 4015
Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 16:02:39 GMT

I called the one in Smithfield, North Carolina: the woman who answered was very
helpful. She couldn't give me the prices, because they had just received the
shipment and hadn't priced them yet, but she had a bunch of Duplo plus:
6572 Wind Runners (Extreme Team)
6024 Bandit Ambush (Castle, Dark Forest, '96)
6492 Hypno Cruiser
6330 Cargo Center
6093 Flying Ninja Fortress
8268 Scorpion Attack / Plane and Jump-up Animals (Cyber Slam)
6580 Land Jet 7 (Extreme Team)
6905 Bi-Wing Blaster (Insectoids)

No Freestyle buckets unfortunately. There may be more; I don't know if it's worth
the road trip or not...

Cary

Maggie Cambron wrote:

Okay, I'm in Northern California.  I wiped out the Poolside Paradise stock at
the stores at Vacaville Factory Outlets and Natomas Station Factory Outlets
(Sacramento). Only Vacaville had the Dark Forest set, and I only saw the buckets
at Natomas (but they could have been at Vacaville-- I was just too excited about
the Paradisa sets to look!). The clerk in Vacaville said they had just gotten in
a giant shipment last week and she was surprised that there wasn't a LEGO sale
planned.  Another clerk told me that it takes several days to get their
shipments out of the back room and onto the floor.  I try to check Toy
Liquidators at least once a month to see what they've got, so I know they didn't
have old supplies of 6416 lying around.  Since the stock of this TL has pretty
much paralleled what others have posted on Lugnet, I would be surprised if other
stores didn't get the same stuff.  I would definitely hit the stores this
weekend.  Let us know what you find!

Maggie

Nick Goetz wrote:

Great find! Can you give us some more info like Did both stores have the
Paradisa sets? I know you said they weren't identical but was the Pradisa
set one they both had in common?  Second, where? Are you on the East coast,
North west, Texas, etc.? Finally, do you frequent these stores or was it
your first trip? If it was your first time it is possible these have been
hidden for years (or 4 years <g>). On the other hand, if you visit there
once a month you would know if this was a new shipment or not. (I really
hope you can tell us it was a new shipment. I've got a three day weekend and
a tank full of gas!) Congratulations.

-Nick