 Marketplace / Shopping / 4023
Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 01:06:58 GMT

Thanks Maggie for the great tip. Great for me, anyway. I just dropped nearly
$800 at the KB Toy Liquidators at the Smithfield, NC location. Some of the
prices are certainly much better than others, but if you spend over $500 you
can ask for a 10% discount.

Some of the stuff was basically the same as the KB Toys in the local mall, but
some of it I have never seen before in any US retail store. Service packs
anyone?

I didn't write down everything I saw (there was a lot more Duplo) but I tried
to capture a representative sample here. The number in parentheses is what I
left behind.

2275 Duplo Basic 2.99 (30)
2432 Duplo Chief's Family (4)
2602 Duplo Dinosaur Village 9.99 (2)
3032 600 piece bucket 4.99 (0)
4128 Freestyle bucket 4.99 (0)
4239 Freestyle polybag 0.99 (0)
4267 Special Pieces Bucket 14.99 (0)
4280 Freestyle 1.99 (many)
5050 Airplane Accessories 1.99 (146)
5958 Mummy's Tomb 19.99 (1)
6024 Bandit Ambush 1.99 (0)
6093 Flying Ninja Fortress 49.99 (0)
6199 Hydro Crystalation Station 49.99 (0)
6426 Super Cycle Center 24.99 (3)
6330 Town Cargo Ctr 34.99 (4)
6492 Hypno Cruiser 4.99 (0)
6416 Poolside Paradise 14.99 (0)
6495 Time Tunnelator 5.99 (6+)
6572 Wind Runners 4.99 (10+)
6580 Land Jet 7 9.99 (6)
6709 Tribal Chief 1.99 (24)
6817 Beta Buzzer 2.99 (?)
8479 Barcode Multi-Set 99.99 (2)
8480 Space Shuttle 69.99 (0)
8202 Blast Off Chopper / Cyber Slam 4.99 (6)

This stuff was all over the store. A little on the Lego shelf, a bunch of it on
the floor at the back of the store, more on the top shelves at the store rear,
even more still in cartons behind the register. Lucky for me, all the employees
soon got wind to what I was doing, and would come up and say, "Did you see
those over there?"

Mike, I'd recommend giving the Morrisville store a call in a day or two. The
Smithfield store had literally just gotten stuff today; that hadn't even priced
it yet. Also, Frank Filz suggests if one of us local NC folks sees a find but
doesn't want $500 worth, maybe a group buy will get us over the limit.

Cary

Maggie Cambron wrote:

Okay, I'm in Northern California.  I wiped out the Poolside Paradise
stock ...