 Marketplace / Shopping / 4035
Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 20:24:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Maggie Cambron writes:
Well, they were exciting for me-- my knees actually got weak when I
spotted that Paradisa box on the shelf tucked under some Res-Q set!  I
was headed up to the cashier clutching the box in my sweaty palms to
beg, wheedle and coax her to check the back room for more when I saw a
whole display of LEGO near the front of the store.  And there they
were-- a whole stack of 6416's!  And they were $14.99!  And now they're
mine!  (No, I won't sell any-- Paradisa is my ultimate favorite and I
will NEVER have enough!  Although I MAY break a couple up for parts to
pay for my binge.)  But of course, you probably want to know what else
of interest I found....

What I bought (and will not part with unless it's for something really
good like a Velux house or a Maersk truck or something):

6416 Poolside Paradise $14.99
6024 Bandit's Ambush $1.99 (how could I resist at that price?)

Thanks for posting this message!  I dashed to the City of Commerce (SoCal - the
Assyrian-styled "Citadel" ex-factory on the 5 freeway) during lunch and snagged
all eight 6024s they had (hidden high on a shelf).  I'm a happy camper.

I also found something called a Technic Barcode Multi-Set 8479 for $100.
Barcode muulti-set?  Sheessh.

Bruce