 Marketplace / Shopping / 4054
Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 16:14:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Maggie Cambron writes:

6024 Bandit's Ambush $1.99 (how could I resist at that price?)

None at the Gilroy store  :-(

6333  Tow n Go  $3.99

They had bunches of these,  but marked "Race and Chase" <shrug>

Of possible interest as parts fodder is the 6567 Speed Splasher, at
$1.99.  It's almost too dorky to build,  but has two 1x8 red tiles,
a 1x2x3 thin wall,  three grey 2x2 convex-bottom "tiles",  and a
few other nice parts.  Plus a life preserver:  if you're running a
ferry,  you may need more of those to keep the Coast Guard happy ;-)

Mike's disparaging remarks notwithstanding,  the 6033 Treasure
Transport,  while not a flaming bargain at $3.99,  brings you three
well-armed minifigs,  2 more 1x2x3 thin walls,  a couple of those
black hinged boat-hatch/vertical-shutter thingies,  and assorted
other parts.  What's not obvious from the box scan is that the
treasure is being transported in a clear bell jar. (This set is now
$3.56 at Service Merchandise,  if anyone is thinking of buying lots).

The Gilroy store didn't have a huge stock of the Hypnocruisers,  but
my needs are modest,  so there were at least a few there when I left.

Thanks for the tip-off!

Ran