 Marketplace / Services / 544
Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:38:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple wrote:
In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple wrote:
...I will follow-up with any further relevant info...

The seller who had the money taken from his bank account confirmed that
" The buyer is not claiming 'No Delivery'. The buyer is under investigation
for possible fraud. " and that " PP does not dispute that I indeed delivered
the items. " and further that " The buyer 'allegedly' used a bad or forged
checking account to pay me with PP's electronic check service. "

I am not understanding what you think is wrong here. The buyer was a fraud - he
used a stolen card or something right? So what makes you think even for a second
the seller would be able to keep the stolen money that he was paid with? Read
this thread, you will see many people telling you that this is what happens.
This is *not* paypals fault - not in *any* way. So why the attack on paypal? You
*should* be attacking the 'buyer' here - HE is the theif, HE is the one that did
something wrong, not paypal.

I have changed my store policy to PayPal by balance transfer unless the
buyer is well established, but now it seems even that too is insufficient.

Hey, nice over-reaction there! You are missing the point of this thread 100% -
but it is your right to make decisions based on something other than the truth.

Am I the only one alarmed by this or that this is new to?

I think you are the only one still missing the point of what happened here.

But hey, I tried... what more can I do?

Mark P
(taken out of BST)