 Marketplace / Services / 531
Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 02:25:32 GMT

Mark, sad, but there is truth to these stories. I myself have done over 1000
paypal transaction, and unfortunately one went very similar. 4 months after I
received payment for a Bricklink order, Paypal yanked the funds back. They
claimed that the buyer has possibly used fraudulaent funds. I had shipped to the
confirmed address, (but no delivery conf.), and received feedback for the order
about 1 week after shipment. A good 4 months later the funds were yanked back,
and no matter what evidence I provided that it had been shipped (including links
to BL feedback etc.), paypal stated I have to follow their "seller protection
program" to the very letter. Result is I am at a loss of $80, and PayPal is not
willing to give my money back, I truely believe thet stole it from me. If this
happens again, I will surely go to small claims, I am actually still
contemplating to do so for this transaction. I have read the paypal-hate sites
too, and sadly, there is truth to some of these stories, although no doubt some
of them may be inflated. If you want prrof of this, I can send you an entire
email tread about this, from me to paypal, and back.

Paul

Sounds like the 'seller protection' program is really a 'paypall profit
protection program.'