 Marketplace / Services / 542
Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:22:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple wrote:
...I will follow-up with any further relevant info...

The seller who had the money taken from his bank account confirmed that
" The buyer is not claiming 'No Delivery'. The buyer is under investigation
for possible fraud. " and that " PP does not dispute that I indeed delivered
the items. " and further that " The buyer 'allegedly' used a bad or forged
checking account to pay me with PP's electronic check service. "

I have changed my store policy to PayPal by balance transfer unless the
buyer is well established, but now it seems even that too is insufficient.

Do we have to go back to mailing payment?  Does PayPal need a three
month waiting period or something before use to establish that you're
legitimate?  Is this all just the risk one takes in doing business?
Am I the only one alarmed by this or that this is new to?

SRC
LUGNet#765
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=SRC