 Marketplace / Services / 532
Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 04:45:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Paul Janssen wrote:
http://www.landofbricks.com

Mark, sad, but there is truth to these stories.

Hey, I never said *none* were true - I even said that they do freeze some
accounts for protection from fraud.....

Paypal yanked the funds back. They
claimed that the buyer has possibly used fraudulaent funds.

And there ya go - straight from your fingertips. *Any* good CC company will try
to protect people from fraud, and that is exactly what was going on. If you buy
something and it turns out to be stolen the police will yank it away from you -
does that make them thieves?

I had shipped to the
confirmed address, (but no delivery conf.), and received feedback for the
order about 1 week after shipment. A good 4 months later the funds were
yanked back, and no matter what evidence I provided that it had been shipped
(including links to BL feedback etc.), paypal stated I have to follow
their "seller protection program" to the very letter.

Sounds like the buyer is the one doing you bad, not paypal. Did he claim you
never sent the goods? And if that is what he did (it really sounds like that is
what happened) do you really expect paypal to give him back his money an let you
keep the money also? If it actually did work like that - could you imagine the
amount of fraud that will start up? All 2 people have to do is send the other a
good amount of money, the 'buyer' claims he never got the item - paypal would
refund the money to the 'buyer' and still let the 'seller' keep the money....
heh - that would be an easy way to double your money there.

It is sad, yes - but it is reality. Any major CC company will do the exact same
thing - so how does that single out paypal as theives? All a person has to do is
calim they never made the purcace to their CC comapny and there is over a 95%
chance they will get their money back regardless of the store having proof that
the charge is legit.

I truely believe thet stole it from me.

Who? The 'buyer' or Paypal?

It is so easy to reverse CC charges - no matter how much proof the store has it
was you. The percentage of chargebacks that get denied are very small. So is
this paypal's fault?

there is truth to some of these stories,

Yes, I agree some are true - and I bet the vast majority of them are sellers who
do not understand this is how *all* CC processors work. And I am sure most
stories are missing some very key facts. But like the story that was posted here
- not one ounce of supporting evidence - and look at it - it is the #1 topic
right now - WITH NO PROOF! If somebody stole $7,000 from me I would make a run
to the BBB and any and every news station that would listen - and trust me, ALL
would listen and play the story to death like they do with everything.

If somebody stole $7,000+ from you - would you only change the payments you take
on ebay? lol, think about it......

Mark