 Marketplace / Services / 539
Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:29:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple wrote:
   In lugnet.market.services, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   ...If you buy something and it turns out to be stolen the police will yank it away from you - does that make them thieves?

You apparently don’t understand either the situation I’m reporting or the one Paul found himself in. Have you ever tried to dispute a credit card charge or do you have a store where you accept PayPal as payment?

Yes to both. I have had funds returned to me that I did not spend. I also run a BL shop and sell on Ebay. I also take CC’s for subscrptions on a non-lego, non-paypal site. I understand how this works *very* well.

My point was is if something is used in a way that it is fraud, it is taken away from you - you do not get to keep it. It can be payment funds, something you bought that was stolen - anything. If it is involved in fraud you are, and will lose it.

   ...the story that was posted here - not one ounce of supporting evidence...

The specific details are of course confidential. However I have dealt with the seller and have no reason to doubt what he is saying.

Oh, of course the details are confidential - it just makes the rumor that more juicy! And like I said before - if somebody stole $7,000+ from you - would you only change the payments you take on ebay? lol, if it is true have him call the troubleshooter at his local news - they will start to foam at the mouth over something as juicy as this - if it was indeed true. That way we can actually see some proof this is actually did happen.

Mark P