 Marketplace / Services / 536
Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:57:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple forwarded the following:

Do yourself a MASSIVE favor and immediately find another source for your
processing or simply just accept checks or money orders that will have to clear
your own bank, FREE OF CHARGE, before you ship. I have also been notified by
other[s] on ebay that have similar stories. PP will start my selecting a steady
buyer of yours and then suddenly REVERSE EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION that was ever
made by that persons and STEAL THE MONEY RIGHT OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT TO COVER
EVERY SINGLE DIME!!!!!!!!!!  Then they will say it is up to YOU to provide proof
of shipping on every single item.

   This is where the information is missing.

   Why this one buyer?  Is this buyer now $7K richer?  If not,
   why is nothing said about whether the buyer is helping the
   seller to recoup funds?

   That lacuna is a bit glaring to me.  The seller makes it sound
   arbitrary, but I'll bet it's not; that might help to explain
   some of the recalcitrance on the part of PayPal.  So I'm going
   to withhold judgement on "finks versus not-finks" until we know
   that tidbit of information.

   Also, merchants regularly have to eat "shrinkage" losses in
   brick-and-mortar establishments, so this isn't really all that
   different in principle, except that most eBay sellers aren't
   businesses so it's not something they expect.  (To be honest,
   nobody should ever get to the point of "expecting" loss, but
   it's a fact of life.)

   best

   LFB