 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2477
Re: Mc Donald's Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:48:36 GMT

Robert Munafo wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, John DiRienzo writes:
I am going to be buying a lot of Happy Meals.  I love McDonald's fires,
and my cat loves the so-called hamburgers!  Plus, free Lego!

Regarding all that "free" LEGO...

CNN had a spot about meal toys a few weeks ago. They calculated that if an
average American family of four wanted to eat out enough times to collect one
of each of the "free" toys offered this summer by the nation's top 10 fast food
chains, they would end up spending about $2000 in the process. They had a
figure for the total number of *calories* too but alas, I have forgotten
(selective amnesia perhaps?)

You'd probably be a lot better off just buying LEGO (-:

I agree, but my take is this.  Lego at McDonalds means 100's if not
thousands of these sets showing up at Goodwill, etc. over the next 2-3
years.  That I like.

Timbo