 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 100
Re: Mc Donald's Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:12:46 GMT

Ditto in Plainwell - they (McD's) usually only have a box/case of one or two different
toys/junk at hand, though are good at searching for any (having two boys, they don't
usually want the same toy).

Steve Bliss wrote:
(clip..)

Getting everything in one shot (at the store) depends on whether the cases
of toys have a single type of toy, or have a mix of all eight.  In most
promotions, there's only one kind of toy in a case, and the store might
have one or two different cases on hand at any time.

The Lowell McD's is usually very cooperative about digging around for
spares, when we're trying to complete the collection of whatever junk
they're passing out.  They won't open cases for us, but we're working on
them.

Now all this talk is having me wonder if I shouldn't collect at least one of each if
possible at least for trade later on - though the previous McD/Lego sets don't seem to
be much sought after?  (I did like those burgers they had a year or so ago with the
peppered bacon, or maybe it was peppered burger with bacon).  My youngest son's
birthday is the first week of November, and he'll be having a Birthday party after our
vacation - perhaps the party food could be Happy Meals - though could have a mutiny on
hand as they'll know there should be a toy/junk - I could replace it with a Lego
polybag which was going to be the Treasure Hunt prizes - and I could instead have a
Lego Brick Hunt, similar to Easter Egg Hunt - there I think I've talked myself into it.

By the way, does eBates still have the discount for eToys was it?  I had signed up at
one point (yes, using lar as member ref), but now I want to shop I don't find them
listed under toys.
Cheers,
Pam