 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11542
Re: Suggestions / Comments on Recent Brickbay Transactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:25:23 GMT

Troy Cefaratti wrote in message ...
From a sellers perspective, I have also seen this type of problem.  It's
quite a pain to match up a payment when they don't tell you what it is for!
This isn't much of a problem anymore with most payments coming through
paypal, but was prevelent when I was doing alot of eBay auctions and
receiving alot of money orders.

hehe... this was my pet peeve with eBay sales for a while until I made my
winner-notification email into a form which they were supposed to print out
and mail with their payment - had all the details ready printed on it, and
space for their address etc. Of course some people still didn't do it, but
most did, and it helped a lot. Paypal and Billpoint make that unnecessary
(except for the people who pay via someone else's account, which can get
very confusing!). Every so often I still get an envelope with just a check,
sometimes not even a legible return address, and then it's detective time. I
have been known to go through my current orders looking for an amount to
match that on the check, because I didn't have anything else to match!

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/