 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11540
11539  |  11541
Subject:
A Cheapskates Guide to Packing Materials :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:36:05 GMT

These are the items I use for packing my outgoing orders and trades.  I'm
located in the US so some of these may not be applicable to you.

anything I can recycle from an incoming order or trade
padded envelopes (I tend to buy the larger sizes and cut them in half, using
tape to seal the open ends)
Priority Mail boxes
sports card boxes (I get these from a local shop for about 35 cents each)
brown paper grocery bags as an outer wrapper (useful when making custom
boxes* for overseas shipments)
plastic grocery bags as inner padding
plastic sandwich bags sealed with tape for small parts lots
ziplock bags
paper towels / napkins tightly wrapped around more precious items
sports card boxes (I get these from a local shop for about 35 cents each)

* from a Priority Mail box for example :-)

Hope some of this helps.

Will

Bricksburg Fire Department: www.bricksburg.org
GoB Bricksburg Depot: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=willhess