 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11533
Re: Suggestions / Comments on Recent Brickbay Transactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:40:10 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:
Bubblewrap is better than peanuts.  Although those "rice" biodegradable
peanuts are really cool too -- they disolve in water!  Wish I knew where to
score those and whether they were cost effective or not...

I actually hate the biodegradeable packing. If it gets wet, it gets
sticky and messy (I've had it stick to items being shipped - of course
that wouldn't be a problem if they packed the stuff in bags). I also
think I may be alergic to it. Every time I unpack a box with that stuff,
my hands get itchy. Since it does tend to absorb some moisture with each
use, I've found some which has shrunk and hardened up, which can't make
it very good packing. I think that if packing is getting re-used, that
the foam packing may be best overall, it lasts forever (if anyone in the
Raleigh NC area needs some foam packing, let me know, I'm starting to
get overrun with it - I'll also bring a bag to Brickfest if anyone
thinks they can use it [it will "reserve" space for Outlet buys...]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com