 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11521
11520  |  11522
Subject:
Suggestions / Comments on Recent Brickbay Transactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:37:34 GMT

To All (Especially Brickbay Sellers),

Over the last few weeks, I have been making a good number of purchases
through Brickbay, trying to get some projects of mine completed, and it is a
great service. However, there seems to be a lot of varying standards of
orders that I would like to comment on.

1) Order Information - A great deal of orders do not have any information
along with it, such as order number, the name of the shop, order contents,
names, etc.  Since Brickbay e-mail has not been working for buyers, it would
be nice to see sellers try to get that information to the buyer somehow.
Scribble it on a piece of paper, write some stuff on the envelope or
shipping package, whatever. Having to go through 12 orders with no idea what
order it might be to try to leave feedback is bothersome, especially if you
order similar items. It would be a great help.

2) Packing - I have had glass parts (Doors, windshields etc), in which I
have paid a good deal for a them, actually packed within a full, jammed bag of
bricks. When I pay 4.00 for a minifig, I would like to see some effort being
made to ship that minifig in a little greater care than in a bag of bricks
and the like. I don't care what packaging methods you use (old LEGO bags,
ziplocks, etc.), but try to be a little careful with some items, especially
rare, scratchable ones.

I am not trying to be a pain, but I feel some of these items are standard in
most businesses, especially online sellers and mail order companies, and the
amount of neglect coming from Brickbay is a little sad, I guess.

Feel free to discuss, I am just putting in my few cents, or should I say,
quite a few dollars, worth.

Scott S.
--
MichLUG Member, www.michlug.org