 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11525
Re: Suggestions / Comments on Recent Brickbay Transactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 05:11:33 GMT

1) Order Information - A great deal of orders do not have any information
along with it, such as order number, the name of the shop, order contents,

When Brickbay was sending invoices, i'd send it to myself as well and print
two copies.  One would be used for my records, and one would be used as a
"packing" slip, with each part checked off as I pulled it from inventory.

Now i'm using a print of the order screen, which has less info than the
invoice, but does atleast ahve the order number and all of the parts on it.

Of course, I do sometimes forget to put the slip in the box before sealing
it up.  And it is unfortunately not an assurance that I put the RIGHT parts
in the box!  :/  But buyers are ususally understanding of my faults, for
which i am thankful.  :)

2) Packing - I have had glass parts (Doors, windshields etc), in which I
have paid a good deal for a them, actually packed within a full, jammed
bag of

How I pack an order depends on what was ordered, and how it will be shipped.
Large quantities of individual pieces are usually packed in seperate
ziplocks.  Expensive pieces are almost always packed individually, or
atleast seperately from basic parts. (I've sold some train pieces for up to
$12 each and would never consider packing them with basic parts)

Small quantities of numerous parts will usually be packed into a single bag.
The bags, while cheap, do cost money.

Packages sent Priority Mail are packed in the boxes provided by the post
office and are packed with newspaper.  First Class shipments are packed in
bubble envelopes from Office Max.  International shipments are also usually
sent in bubble envelopes, unless they are unusually large.

I've only had one complaint about the packing/shipping of my orders, and
that was a priority mail box that had come open in transit losing some
pieces.  This was when the post office had switched box design, and
apparently had a batch with bad glue.  Ever since, i've been sure to use
either tape or a sticker to make sure they stay closed.

I'm not a big buyer, but the few orders that I have placed were all received
without incident and were well packed.  I can't remember if they had packing
slips or not, but as they were the only open orders I had at the times they
were placed, it wasn't an issue for me.

I think the problem may lie in the fact that sellers may be assuming that
the order you placed with them is the only order that you have placed.

From a sellers perspective, I have also seen this type of problem.  It's
quite a pain to match up a payment when they don't tell you what it is for!
This isn't much of a problem anymore with most payments coming through
paypal, but was prevelent when I was doing alot of eBay auctions and
receiving alot of money orders.

I'd be interested to hear more buyers and sellers opinions and experiences
on these subjects....

Troy