 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11524
Re: Suggestions / Comments on Recent Brickbay Transactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 05:00:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Sanburn writes:

< a number of good pieces of advice to sellers >

I am not trying to be a pain, but I feel some of these items are standard in
most businesses, especially online sellers and mail order companies, and the
amount of neglect coming from Brickbay is a little sad, I guess.

I'm not sure I'd go this strong ("sad"). Many of the brickbay sellers are
just regular folks moving a few odds and ends rather than businesspeople per
se. They may not be up to the standards you expect from real businesses.
Gentle feedback directly to them (maybe make up a canned note to send, I had
one at one point, that you can cut paragraphs out that don't apply) might be
a way to go. So is pointing it out here as you're doing...

On the other hand there are some seriously professional sellers too. I know
at least one person making a living this way. And they are, to a person, a
class act and all props to them.

I guess what I am saying is that since I sometimes am quite desperate for
certain parts that I must have to complete production runs I can take a bit
of variance... but I still agree that it does not help if I get a box with
no correlation to who sent it (the shop name and the person's name are not
necessarily the same) and no idea of what order it is for.

++Lar