 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11522
RE: Suggestions / Comments on Recent Brickbay Transactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:27:55 GMT

Scott

Comments follow various snips

/1) Order Information - A great deal of orders do not have any information
/along with it, such as order number, the name of the shop, order contents,
/names, etc.  Since Brickbay e-mail has not been working for buyers, it
would
/be nice to see sellers try to get that information to the buyer somehow.
/Scribble it on a piece of paper, write some stuff on the envelope or
/shipping package, whatever. Having to go through 12 orders with no idea
what
/order it might be to try to leave feedback is bothersome, especially if you
/order similar items. It would be a great help.

I ALWAYS include a copy of the invoice with any order I ship. I think this
makes it easier for everybody.  I get a "pick" list and you get a "packing
list"

/2) Packing - I have had glass parts (Doors, windshields etc), in which I
/have paid a good deal for a them, actually packed within a full, jammed bag
of
/bricks. When I pay 4.00 for a minifig, I would like to see some effort
being
/made to ship that minifig in a little greater care than in a bag of bricks
/and the like. I don't care what packaging methods you use (old LEGO bags,
/ziplocks, etc.), but try to be a little careful with some items, especially
/rare, scratchable ones.

I always sort parts accordingly as much is reasonable and take care of the
"nicer" pieces.

/I am not trying to be a pain, but I feel some of these items are standard
in
/most businesses, especially online sellers and mail order companies, and
the
/amount of neglect coming from Brickbay is a little sad, I guess.

You are not being a pain, I too wish "some" sellers would take better care
in packaging/invoicing.
Then again there are those sellers who tend to go above and beyond the call
of duty.
Maybe Dan can include a check off list someplace as to how sellers pack,
packing materials used, invoices included.......etc.
I know this has been discussed before, but I think it needs to be brought up
again.

Thanx,

Milissa Millère
Visit my LEGO store, Millère's Spares