 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11537
Re: Suggestions / Comments on Recent Brickbay Transactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Troy Cefaratti writes:

<snip>

I'd be interested to hear more buyers and sellers opinions and experiences
on these subjects....

Troy

Well, as a buyer with close to 200 transactions on Brickbay, here are some
of my thoughts:

I use the following system for making purchases - After printing out a copy
of the order from "My Brickbay", I also write a one line summary of that
order on a sheet of legal paper with the seller's name, number of parts
ordered, date, and method of payment.  Since almost all of the packages I
have received so far have return addresses on them, I can quickly surmise
what order has come in.  Then I cross off the line and remove the order
sheet from the pile of pending orders.  This allows me to then go to
Brickbay to leave feedback.

Maybe it's due to my relatively small volume (~ 10 to 12 orders pending at
any one time), but I find that even if the seller has not included a packing
list, it is no problem to match the order received with who sent it.

Of course, this was all somewhat easier when Brickbay was actually sending
out emails confirming the order took place which listed the seller's name,
shop name and a summary of what was ordered.

For the most part (this is probably just good luck on my part), I don't
remember having problems with poorly packed shipments.  Some have been
really greatly packed, but none have been so horrible as to damage any of
the parts.

So in conclusion, I have to say that in my experience, the average Brickbay
transaction for me has been as smooth and problem free as I expect it should
be.  I do not expect the level of service from a Brickbay seller as I would
from a big brand name store such as Barnes&Noble.com or Lego.com.

Worse than packing issues, is the extremely long amount of time that a very
small number of sellers have taken to send out the order to me.

- Bob