 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 207
Re: When we gonna BrikWar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:10:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Mark D. McKean writes:
In article <Fyz9Eu.41r@lugnet.com>, "Gino A. Melone"
<gmelone@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

  If the timing is bad, let me know.  Who, in the Columbus area, is
  interested in gaming 1) soon and 2) semi-regularly?

Interested in gaming? Yes. Soon? No. I'm still in the process of reading
and assimilating the rules of BrikWars, since I've never played it
before. And none of the proposed times so far have been anywhere close
to times when I could participate.

Well, give us some times when you *can* participate.

If y'all get set up with a time when I could show up, I might pop by
just to watch once or twice, to get a feel for how y'all run your games
(my past experience with wargamers has been with the ultra-serious rules
lawyering kind, an archetype I seriously doubt is popular among
BrikWarriors).

BrikWarriors? Hehehe, I like it! Thats cool. :)

Anyway, the ultra-serious lawyering type of rules has been completely tossed
in the dust with BrikWars. For instance, at the least BrikWar event that I was
at, we almost left all of the attacking modifyers out of our game. (Except for
opportunity fire, bleh!) It was alot easier to remember and it made the game
go quite a bit faster.

BTW, from what I've gotten through in the rules so far, there seems to
be an awful lot of BrikShed in these games...how do you keep track of
which bricks belong to which player?

BrikShed! Hahah! You rock!

Well..... it depends. With various terrain pieces, we'll mark them with little
colored bricks, with the color implying ownership. With wrecked vehicles, we
try and keep the pieces in a single pile, not letting them fall into other
people's smashed vehicles. (And leaving small pieces of the vehicle intact -
it is then up to the vehicle's owner to remember that the vehicle and the
pieces in its immediate suroundings are his.)

From there, it is pretty much based upon the Honor system.

~Drew