 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 206
Re: When we gonna BrikWar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:06:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Mark D. McKean writes:
Interested in gaming? Yes. Soon? No. I'm still in the process of reading
and assimilating the rules of BrikWars, since I've never played it
  I'm one of the old-timers in our group.  I've played twice.  We're
probably still skipping a few important rules.  But, we don't let it
stop us.  Don't be intimidated by the rules.  Just hack together an
army.  Make a guess at costing it.  And, show up.  We're not very
strict on the rules(1).

before. And none of the proposed times so far have been anywhere close
to times when I could participate.
  What sort of timing would work for you?  If anyone has been holding back
because of the proposed times, speak up.  We can adjust.

If y'all get set up with a time when I could show up, I might pop by
just to watch once or twice, to get a feel for how y'all run your games
  Spectators are always welcome.
  Ones with digital cameras may get free pizza or something.  :-)

BTW, from what I've gotten through in the rules so far, there seems to
be an awful lot of BrikShed in these games...how do you keep track of
which bricks belong to which player?
  So far we've been pretty cool with it.  We try to make sure areas of the
battlefield scenery are owned by one person.  In the first battle, I owned the
northhern end of the battlefield and Adrian owned the southern end.  At the
second, I owned particular buildings, Adrian others.

  As to armies. we try to make sure that each army's minifigs are distinctive
looking.  That helps.  Then we try to keep major chunks of vehicles intact when
they blow up.  Oh yeah, all of the red-pieces(blood) are one person's.  So far,
we haven't had any real problems.  I found too many bicycles in my box when I
was going through my stuff after the last battle.  I knew it had to be Adrian's
so I dropped one off at his place.

      Come on over,
       Gino A...

1) Ok, in the interest of full-disclosure, I can be a rule lawyer.  But, I'm
recovering.  I think I was a lot better about it at the last get-together.  If
you find me doing it, make me roll dice.