 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 186
185  |  187
Subject:
When we gonna BrikWar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:00:27 GMT

  I've been thinking about trying to organize a regular BrikWars battle in
Columbus.  It looks like we could get a room at one of the local hobby stores
on a weeknight evening.

  I've been thinking about trying to organize a weekly, or more likely
bi-weekly, evening event.  Maybe Thursday nights?  Rooms may be available on
Fridays, but I, for one, can more easily commit to a Thursday or something.
That way, weekends-out-of-town don't conflict with games.  I realize that this
will make it harder for out of towners to participate.  However, I expect that
we'll keep having the marathon sessions occasionally.  I just want to start
playing more often.

  To work for short sessions, we'd need a strict CP limit (250-300, I figure).
We'd also need scenery and scenario pre-setup.  If we can get setup down to
15-30 minutes, we should be able to run a small game in a few hours.

  So, is anyone interested?  I'll propose 8/10 (1 week from today), 5:00pm
setup.  5:30pm play.  (Assuming we can get a room.)

  Let's say, TL5-6.  250CP limit.  I'll commit to preparing basic scenery and
developing a scenario for the first meeting.

  I figure we can use a format similar to that 3-tower game someone had
recently.  Info on the scenery and scenario available a couple days in advance.
I'll come up with something and publish it by Monday.

  Anyone is welcome to come.  If you plan on coming from out of town and will
be late, let me know and we'll come up with a way to allow you to join when you
arrive.

  So if I can get a couple people to commit to come next week, I'll proceed
with getting a room and such.

       Good fighting,
        Gino A...