 Local / Australia / 9497
9496  |  9498
Subject:
Promos and Ghosts (was Re: Bionicles Promo's at McDonalds)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:02:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
I wonder if other local groups display such
bad taste in Lego as ours does?  ;-)

Dunno.  The foot pieces make good engine fairings (as per the skimmer mocs
Pete posted about), and the arms might make good clamps for docking ships.
Or not.  But if folks like 'em, cool by me.

[loc.au] has become a bit of a ghost group.

Dunno about this either.  11th busiest in the last week, avg over 4 posts a
day doesn't seem too ghostly to me.  I do know that one popular way to try
to kill an idea is to start spreading rumours about its demise.

I have been a bit engrossed in building, but I'm still around.  HES Sirius
(http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/014.htm) has just gone into the Spraw
Sector (http://www.ozbricks.com/alliancefleet/starship/home.html), and
before she went, she needed a long range upgrade
(http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/015.htm), and then some undocumented
upgrades to her engines (more powerful, and relocated), her weapons (an
energy shotgun type weapon fixed on the centreline ahead) and her equipment
(replacing the two maintenance exo-suits with two Starfury(ish)
starfighters, and replacing the warp capable administrative shuttle with a
non-warp tactical shuttle).

Sooooooo, chill dudes, and build stuff!  Preferably staships, obviously.  ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...