 Local / Australia / 9495
Re: Bionicles Promo's at McDonalds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:15:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
"Kerry Raymond" <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message

So, if I understand this correctly ...
If I don't go to McDonalds, then I don't have to eat their food and I • don't buy
a bionicle!
That's excellent. It means that I can not do two things I didn't want to • do in
the time it would normally take me to not do either one of them. Very time
efficient.

Right on sister!  Hear hear!
It really disturbs me that my fellow Aussies get so excited by a promo with
such crappy Lego on offer - especially when they turn their noses up at
Solar Explorers and Podracer buckets...  I wonder if other local groups
display such bad taste in Lego as ours does?  ;-)

I bought multiples of both the SE and P buckets and bought Bionicle masks (:^)
The Mcpromotions have masks in colours not available in the mask packs.
My 5yo son loves building things with Bionicle bits and pieces and sad as it
may seem to some Lugnetters, Bionicles are still composed of Lego elements.
Plus if Bionicle makes profits for Lego and keeps them producing more
traditional elements, everyone should be happy.

Feel free to start some threads of more traditional interest in loc.au,
it has become a bit of a ghost group.

pete.w (whose family as a child never munched enough breakfast cereal to ever
get him a complete set of any breakfast cereal toys (:^( )