 Local / Australia / 9498
Re: Did you know...(you can whine on 2 threads)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:29:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
At TRU, 7186 Watto's Junkyard is on clearance at $19.98???
That's right, twenty dollars!!! I'm not kidding. Mind you, there are some
downsides:

Any spacecraft built from it will be very multi-coloured ?
2 figs that would only appeal to a collector ?

1. They're bloody hard to find nowadays. I found one, shoved behind some big
Bionicle sets that, despite their obvious glamour and appeal to Australian
Lego enthusiasts of all ages, had been sitting there literally for months!
So weird.

It might have been hiding from you ?

2. Much more importantly, Watto's Junkyard contains no Bionicle masks! A big
bummer, I know, especially considering you could go to Macca's and buy ten
Bionicle promo toys for the same price, and get an amazing inventory of
elements, including:
10 Bionicle masks
20 Bionicle feet
10 Bionicle torsos (WOW!!!)

Plus 20 Bionicle arms !

Another good value set I spotted is at Big W - Mono Jet is available at just
$1.94 and contains a decent astronaut minifig, some good sloped bricks
(including sand blue) and a small selection of useful bricks. Admittedly it
contains a wheel which is really only useful if you want to make a
futuristic vehicle, and of course it's NOWEHERE near as useful as a Bionicle
mask and it doesn't come in a variety of highly collectible colours and
shapes like Bionicle masks do. At just under 6 cents a part, though, it's
worth considering, even though you could buy a McDonald's promo toy for the
same price... damn, even I'm not sure now.

Sadly the McPromo is more expensive too, 5c more.
They're both so cheap though, you could buy both and still have change from $5

I'll see y'all at MACCAS then!!!

I thought KFC was your poison.

pete.w (still waiting to see some interesting threads in loc.au)