 Local / Australia / 9504
Re: Did you know...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:18:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
At TRU, 7186 Watto's Junkyard is on clearance at $19.98???

Finally!  At a reasonable price!

I'd say better than reasonable... I got one last year (or should I say Pete
White got one for me) for (IIRC) $60. That was a reasonable price (and
consistent with my cents-per-piece purchasing for 2001)

They have always looked like good pieces for accessorising
ships - no surprise they didn't sell though - no decent model
and waaaay too expensive.

I think the major reason they didn't sell well was that they contained no
major characters (and not even a useful 'generic' such as a battledroid)
that kids could relate to. Watto and that ugly thin one piece alien seem to
have pretty slim play value.

Even an Anakin would have made it more playable.

Cheers

Richie