 Local / Australia / 9505
Re: Dragons rocks!!! (new MB Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:13:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ahui Herrera writes:
In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
I totally agree.

These Dragons are just not very "brick-like."  I wanted to like them, but no
-- blech!

I agree with you that they aren't 'brick-line' but they are SO SO COOL!  I
love the figures.  They got that D&D look and seem very evil and sinester.

Mmmm.  I was never fond of the Lego dragons - too small, and just not
sinister enough :-)

The bricks are okay not LEGO mind you but the prices are so good.  Up until
yesterday I had never ever ever looked at MB.  It was a sin to even look at
that asile, but I found a MB box on the floor at target and pick it up to
put it on the shelf before I realized what I had in my hand.  It was the tin
box and somehow I couldn't put it back on the shelf but instead in my
shopping cart.

I then went looking for the rest of the dragon theme and got another tin box
and some of the other sets.  I was so 'in' to the dragon theme that I must
admit I didn't even look at the lego section.  I feel ashamed but I think
these MB have potential for some very interesteing medival/fantasy creations.

I disagree on the shame thingie only.  I'm over shame.  But the new MB
dragon sets are great (and ideal for BrikWars).

I came across these for the first time today (in Australia - BigW, $10 each)
and picked up four of the warchest sets on the strength of the posts here -
well worth it.  The dudes and weapons are cool, the bricks and castle wall
sections attractive and useful, and the 2 high terrain bits are great too.

There will be another army at the next medieval studfest :-)

Just to echo Ahui's point, since Lego seems to have vacated the castle field
in favour of Harry Potter, MB seems to be moving in, and can be expected to
grab a big slice of the game.  These little sets will also appeal to a non
construction toy people, and to wargamers as well.

I hope we see some of the bigger sets here in the periphery before too long...

Richard
Still baldly going...