 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1416
Re: Dragons rocks!!! (new MB Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:00:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Parsons writes:
I came across these for the first time today (in Australia - BigW, $10 each)
and picked up four of the warchest sets on the strength of the posts here -
well worth it.  The dudes and weapons are cool, the bricks and castle wall
sections attractive and useful, and the 2 high terrain bits are great too.

I hope we see some of the bigger sets here in the periphery before too long...

And we do, in Big W and Target.

Picked up the big Warriors Castle ($AUD90) and my boys each got a
Dragonslayer set ($AUD20).  VERY impressive.  And some slick thinking on the
designers part too - batteries in the orbs that light lights in dragons and
building features when attached, magnets imbedded on one of the dragon's
claws, so that they can pick up figs (which have a piece of steel embedded
for the purpose), cool horses, great big one high textured terrain plates.

And the dragons are HUGE :-)  They're about the size of Draco from Dragonheart.

I remember reading some of the marketing material around the Block Men,
another clone that was entirely military (US Marines circa 1980) based, that
talked about the 'weak smiling people' (or similar) which I took to mean
Lego town.  These castle guys leave me with similar fears for Lego castle.
These guys are darker, meaner, and more fun :-)

Not nearly as good for building adult style castles, but great fun.  And
just ideal for BrikWars.

Richard
Still baldly going...