 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1415
Re: Cool looking clone on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:10:18 GMT

One of the guys on the Brickfilms forums actually has some of these. his
grandparents are Korean and bring them for presents when they visit. He
generated quite a bit of excitement on the boards when he posted pics of
them and a bunch of us set out to acquire some. The website is cool- you
should watch the commercials (last button on the right, main screen. They rock!)
I emailed the company and asked how someone in the US can get their
products. The answer was a blunt "You can't.".
Someone else in Europe emailed them with the same question and got a
different reply. The Oxford rep apparently mistook them for a distributor
wanting to buy and distribute their toys in bulk. They told him it had been
tried before, but when Lego's lawyers showed up, the distributor chickened
out. The rep went on to say they would be interested if they could find a
European distributor who was not afraid of Legos lawyer...
I'm very pleased to see them showing up on EBAY, although the price
definately reflects their rarity.
Who knows? Maybe Oxford will change their minds and find an American
distibutor. I know I'd like to get some. But I don't want some so badly that
I'll pay the ridiculous prices on EBAY. I'll just keep waiting patiently.
:)