 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1419
Re: Cool looking clone on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:45:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:

These auctions have ended (unsuccessfully for me!), but I've emailed the
seller to see if more might pop up in the future.  Has anyone ever heard of
this brand?

Hey, I won one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762701222

And now I call upon the assembled expertise of my fellow clone-fans (as
well as you military gurus among us).  Could you folks take a look at the
pictures toward the bottom of the page and give me your guesses on the types
of weapons shown in the closeups?

Thanks!  I'll post a review once I get my shipment from the seller.

    Dave!

I don't have a lot of experience with Lego clones, but what you've shown
here is pretty interesting, especially for us military builders.

Modern Armor isn't my forte, but that appears to be a Type 88 K1A1 South
Korean MBT and it seems that the box bears this conclusion out.  The weapon
on the right of the turret should be a M-60 7.62mm machine gun, or a Korean
variant of the same.  The antenna-like weapon on the right should be a M2
12.7mm heavy machine gun - it doesn't really resemple one but that's what
the real K1A1 has mounted above the commander's station.  The Main Gun would
be a 120mm cannon of some sort, most likely a smoothbore one capable of
accepting all sorts of ammo types.  On the box fronts the infantrymen appear
to be carrying Daewoo K1A1 (no relation to the tank) 5.56mm rifles.

Bryce Rollins