 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1427
Re: Cool looking clone on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:45:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Bryce Rollins writes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762701222

I don't have a lot of experience with Lego clones, but what you've shown
here is pretty interesting, especially for us military builders.

Modern Armor isn't my forte, but that appears to be a Type 88 K1A1 South
Korean MBT and it seems that the box bears this conclusion out.  The weapon
on the right of the turret should be a M-60 7.62mm machine gun, or a Korean
variant of the same.  The antenna-like weapon on the right should be a M2
12.7mm heavy machine gun - it doesn't really resemple one but that's what
the real K1A1 has mounted above the commander's station.  The Main Gun would
be a 120mm cannon of some sort, most likely a smoothbore one capable of
accepting all sorts of ammo types.  On the box fronts the infantrymen appear
to be carrying Daewoo K1A1 (no relation to the tank) 5.56mm rifles.

  Wow--thanks for the insight.  I had gotten as far as "I think it's some
kind of gun" when I ran out of military knowledge.  I'm eager to receive
this item; once it arrives from Hong Kong I'll post a review with pictures.

  Thanks again,
    Dave!