 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1414
Re: Cool looking clone on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:01:05 GMT

Oxford Quick Observations (http://www.oxfordtoy.co.kr/pro.htm)

I don't own any of this stuff I am just making observations from the images
on the website.  Who knows what the element quality or level of Lego, MB,
Tyco compatibility may be?  But because the site is not necessarily the
easiest thing to browse, I provide the following:

There's a really interesting variety of sets available from this company.
Amongst the more interesting themes are those that are basically castle,
pirate, military, one called "Special Police", a competitive sports theme
(with car racing, motorcycle racing, snowmobiling, boxing, and skiing), and
even a weird hybrid theme called "Omegazone". There are also other sets that
comprise a variety of subthemes of town (construction, police, firemen,
emergency response, mechanics, pink paradise, etc).

Some of the more interesting elements in the castle line are: pink spires
(for the pink sets), red bat wings for the minis (shweet!), batwing helmets,
horned helmets, there's a weird horned staff, a two-headed dragon,
rounded-top portcullises, a kind of dragon-horse creature, a unique black
conical crown with high collar (::gulp::), a chrome crown, handheld fans, a
unique broom element, an enormous creature called the "Red Devil" (with its
own hideout), and even more crazy fantasy elements. See the following set
collage:

http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/oxcastle.jpg

The pictures of the pirate sets are hard to make out by I see at least two
things of interest: a curved diamond lattice fence, and curved windows.

The great thing about the military sets is how much has been done with basic
elements in presumably military colors, and detailed minifigures.  With the
right hats, helmets, and detailed printing these guys are looking pretty
sharp. Obviously, these guys have a set of unique weaponry appropriate to
their task.

The Special Police theme has a bucket set and series of boxed sets besides.
The bucket set looks very juniorized with what looks like single element
vehicles and such.  The boxed sets look a lot better and contain some great
mini accessories including military guns, gas-mask helmets, and padded
vests. Again, a lot is done with basic elements, but there are some unique
elements as well -- in particular there is a curved slope element that is
nice. See the following images:

http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/osp14000a.jpg
http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/osp14000b.jpg
http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/osp14000d.jpg